The KBACH Travel Club is a group of public radio listeners who are passionate about traveling and learning new things. It’s a special benefit available to KBACH members who give $10 a month or more to the station.
Where Travel Club members plan on traveling next
- “Italy! Actually, Nebraska to see my family but then Spain, Italy, South America.” —Rachel in Phoenix
- “Cambodia or Thailand and Vietnam again.” —Beth in Scottsdale
- “Toronto, Turkey, Boston and Maine.” —Susan in Phoenix
- “Idaho.” —Paula in Phoenix
- “Portugal.” —Judie in Sun City
- “Hoping to make it to Ireland in 2021.” —Jim in Tempe
- “Scotland in mid-September to hike the West Highland Way.” —Rosemary in Phoenix
- “Lofty goal is to go to Prague or Paris, most likely it will be to California or Northern Arizona.” —Christopher in Phoenix
- “I have a trip planned to tour the Caucasus—Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan. If that is cancelled, I have reserved a trip to tour Patagonia—both Chile and Argentina—and to hike the W Trail at Torres del Paine.” —Daniel in Scottsdale
- “Canada, from east to west, by car.” —Virginia in Phoenix
Trip to Budapest, Vienna, and Prague with KBACH (originally scheduled for May 2020, now planned for May 2022)
It was our intention in 2020 to take a group to walk in the footsteps of Dvořák, Beethoven, Brahms, and Smetana. The pandemic forced us to suspend that plan.
Now in the Spring of 2022, travelers will enjoy the beauty and pageantry of classical music as it was meant to be experienced: in Europe’s most legendary symphony halls and opera houses accompanied by KBACH on-air host, Matt Rogers.
There are still a few seats available for this exciting trip scheduled for May of 2022. Click here for more details about this trip.
Contact Linda Pastori at [email protected] to receive more information about the trip.
Pricing is $4,795 per person ($995 single supplement).
KBACH Travel Club Benefits
- Hear about our upcoming trips before we announce them to the public
- Connect with fellow public radio listeners who share your passion for travel and learning new things, both on our trips and on our private Facebook group
- Receive a Travel Club e-newsletter every season with updates on recent and upcoming trips as well as a roundup of travel-related stories on public radio
Most of us are stuck inside right now, maybe going a little stir crazy. If that’s you, escape with KBACH’s Cabin Fever Reliever. Every weekday morning at 11:00, Linda Cassidy plays a classical work that will whisk you away to distant lands. You’ll travel to Ireland with Hamilton Harty, visit Spain with Joaquín Rodrigo, and explore Egypt with Camille Saint-Saëns. Tune in, close your eyes, and let the music transport you.
Read contest winner Judith Sadre’s reflections on the Beatles London trip and Travel Club member Mary Jo Wait’s experience living like a local in Paris for a week in 2018—plus read her Paris 2019 travelogue.
Travel with KBACH
You listen to music on KBACH because it creates a relaxing experience for you. But did you know that KBACH also produces great travel experiences for listeners? We’ve been crafting experiential learning trips for small groups of public radio listeners since 2013, putting them together with the same attention to detail and context that we give to the musical playlists we curate for the air.
What makes traveling with KBACH different from commercial tours?
- Travel with public radio staff
- Make new friends in small groups of 10 to 25 travelers who share your interests
- Feel like a local with on-the-ground contacts who help tell the story of every destination
- Participate in unique activities that engage all five senses
- Enjoy a trip planned with curious public radio listeners like you in mind
Where have listeners traveled with KBACH in the past?
- Costa Rica
- Ireland & Scotland
- Tuscany, Italy
- Mexico City
- Idaho for the solar eclipse
- London & Liverpool, England
2323 West 14th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281