K-BACH 89.5 FM is a listener-supported public radio station broadcasting to the Phoenix metropolitan area. K-BACH is the only radio station in Phoenix that plays classical music 24/7, reaching listeners around the world who stream K-BACH online.
Members keep classical music alive on K-BACH; learn more about the benefits of becoming a member here.
K-BACH is a public service of Rio Salado College, is licensed to the Maricopa County Community College District and Arizona State University, and broadcasts from the campus of Rio Salado College, in Tempe, Arizona.
History of K-BACH
- 1986 – last classical music station in Phoenix shuts down
- 1993 – KBAQ begins airing at 3,000 watts on South Mountain
- 1996 – KBAQ broadcasts at 12,700 watts on the White Tank Mountains
- 2002 – KBAQ moves to its current studios at Rio Salado College in Tempe
- 2009 – KBAQ broadcasts at 30,000 watts, moving back to South Mountain
- 2012 – KBAQ rebrands as K-BACH
- 2017 – K-BACH reaches record-high listenership, becomes third-most-listened-to all-classical station in the nation
- 2017 – K-BACH finishes construction of a new broadcast antenna on South Mountain