KBACH New Member Drive (February 2020)
Sustaining, Cornerstone, and Leadership Society members are automatically entered into all member drive contests.
Throughout the KBACH New Member Drive, KBACH will hold giveaways and contest opportunities sponsored by Friends of Public Radio Arizona during specific hours of the drive. Anyone can enter to win the prize(s) during the specific time of each giveaway or contest by entering online at KBACH.org. All entries are time-stamped at the beginning of the phone call or online entry. When you enter this contest you will be added to the KBACH mailing list. One entry per household allowed.
Winners must be available at the phone number provided on the entry form at the time of the drawing to win. The winner will be announced on-air and posted on this website by the following business day.
All callers and web entries beginning at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 18, 2020, and ending at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 22, 2020, will be entered to win the following contests. One entry per person allowed.
- iPad Pro with a Smart Keyboard (winner selected at 11:00 a.m. on 2/18/20)
- 11" Liquid Retina touch screen
- Wi-Fi capability
- 64 GB of storage
- Space Gray color
- Smart Keyboard Folio is a full-size keyboard and protective case
- Congratulations to Mrs. Elverna Strausberger from Saint Charles, Ill., the winner of this giveaway! She has been a member since 2016.
- Two (2) Southwest Airlines Flights (winner selected at 6:00 p.m. on 2/19/20)
- Congratulations to Ms. Michelle Kaufhold from Kearny, Ariz., the winner of this giveaway! She is a new member.
- Lowell Observatory tickets - All listeners who donate between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. on 2/20/20 will receive a pair of tickets to the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff
- $500 Spring Training Gift Card (winner selected at 6:00 p.m. on 2/20/20)
- Congratulations to Ms. Judith Fischer from Phoenix, the winner of this giveaway! She is a new sustaining member.
- $1,500 Spring Getaway Gift Card (winner selected at 6:00 p.m. on 2/21/20)
- Congratulations to Mr. Michael Felix from Bella Vista, Ark., the winner of this giveaway! He has been a member since 2018.
- KBACH travel mug - All listeners who become new $10+/month sustaining members on 2/22/20 will receive a KBACH travel mug
- Microsoft Surface Pro laptop (winner selected at 6:00 p.m. on 2/22/20)
- 128 GB of storage
- 8 GB of memory
- Intel Core i5 processor
- Black Type Cover
- Easily converts between a full-size laptop and a portable tablet with a 12.3" touch screen
- Congratulations to Ms. Mary Best from Flagstaff, the winner of this giveaway! She has been a sustaining member since 2015.
How to Enter
KBACH’s New Member Drive Giveaways and Contests are sponsored by Friends of Public Radio Arizona and are open for any individual to participate unless they are excluded by eligibility restrictions. To enter the contest, individuals must call 1-888-774-8950 toll free or enter online at KBACH.org during the specific hours referenced above for each contest period. No donation to support Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH is necessary to enter the contest.
- Contests are open to U.S. residents 18 years of age and older.
- KBACH employees and their families are not eligible to enter any KBACH contest.
- Friends of Public Radio Arizona board members are not eligible to enter any KBACH contest while in office.
- Limit one entry per person.
Selection of Winner(s)
Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH will randomly draw a winner and five alternates from all entries for each specific contest. The drawings will be conducted immediately following the conclusion of each contest. Entrants must be available at the phone number provided in order to accept the prize and be named the contest winner. The contest winner is not decided until the prize has been accepted.
Winners of all giveaways and contests will be announced on-air and posted online at KBACH.org. Contest winners will be contacted by the KBACH Development Department to make arrangements to secure the prize(s) within ten (10) days of accepting the prize. For prizes valued over $500, a signed W-9 form is required from all winners in order to redeem a prize within ten (10) days of accepting the prize. In the event a signed W-9 form is not received by KBACH within ten (10) days of a winner accepting a prize, the winner will forfeit the prize. KBACH reserves the right at any time to award the prize to another eligible entrant, drawn at random. When prizes include air travel or hotel stays, winners will be required to make arrangements directly with sponsors, as indicated by Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH after prize acceptance.
Terms and Conditions
All winners will be announced on-air and posted on this website in a timely manner, typically one day, following the completion of the contest. Entrants selected by random drawing will be called at the end of each contest and must answer the phone and accept the prize in order to be named the contest winner. If the first entrant selected does not answer, the next alternate drawn will be contacted and offered the prize.
Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH's Member Drive Giveaways and Contests are subject to federal regulations. Prizes valued over $500 require the completion of IRS form W-9 for tax purposes.
To claim the prize, contest winner(s) must contact the KBACH Development Department at 480-774-8400 to make arrangements to secure the prize(s) within ten (10) days of accepting the prize. No purchase or donation is necessary. Void where prohibited.
All decisions made by station management with regard to the prize(s), the selection of prize winners, and the interpretation of these rules are final. Each entrant, by virtue of entering the contest, agrees to accept the decision of the station as final. Entrants must be available at phone number provided at time of selection to win. KBACH will notify selected entrants by phone. Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH are not responsible for any mechanical telephone error, failure or omission; lost or misdirected mail, faxes or e-mail; neglect on the part of the US Postal Service; or e-mail service disruption.
Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH reserves the right at any time to award the prize to another eligible entrant, drawn at random, if the original prize winner declines, is unavailable, fails to return a signed W-9 form to KBACH for a prize valued over $500 within ten (10) days of accepting the prize, or in any way cannot make use of the prize or in the event that the original prize winner does not meet eligibility requirements. If a contest winner fails to accept the prize for any reason, Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH will not award a make-good prize or provide replacements for a forfeited prize.
Prize winner(s) accept responsibility for all taxes, tips and other liabilities, including but not limited to transportation, extended lodging and other affiliated costs that may not be included in the prize package including taxes on unused travel prizes and retail gift cards. Once a prize has been issued, it cannot be returned to Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KBACH for the purpose of avoiding tax liability.
Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. By entering, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH, including all officers, directors, employees, volunteers and sponsors from all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in the Friends of Public Radio – KBACH’s New Member Drive. Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH, have sole discretion, to disqualify any person for tampering with the entry process or the operation of the KBACH website as well as any person in violation of the rules. Failure to utilize prizes, including trips, does not negate winners from tax obligations for prizes valued at $500 or more.
Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KBACH reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KBACH are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
Copies of the written contest rules will be available up to 30 days after the end of the contest at KBACH.org. You may also receive the rules by mail by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to KBACH, 2323 W. 14th Street, Tempe, Arizona, 85281.