Nominations for Classical Next are tempoarily closed. Please check back later!
Do you know a talented musician between the ages of 7 and 13? Nominate them for recognition during KBACH's Classical Next initiative, celebrating the future of classical music in our community.
One student will be recognized on air each month.
Depending on Covid 19 restrictions, the winner will be invited to the station for a tour of the KBACH studios and a short interview with Melissa Greene that will be posted at KBACH.org. If possible, Melissa Greene will also visit the winner's school and present them with a certificate of recognition.
- To be eligible, the student must be between the ages of 7 and 13 and studying an instrument, taking voice lessons, singing in a choir, or playing in a band or orchestra.
- A teacher, parent/guardian, or relative may nominate the student.
- A parent or guardian must consent to the student’s participation.
- The student must live within the signal range of 89.5 KBACH.
- A winning student may not be nominated a second time.
- A 2-4 minute MP3/WAV or CD recording (no video) of the student performing must be submitted.
Fill out this initial nomination form. After parental consent is granted, further instructions on submitting the 2nd half of the application will be sent. The second half includes uploading the audio file and answering some short questions about being a musician and what music means to them.