Click to Listen:
Internationally acclaimed conductor Tito Muñoz has been appointed the new Virginia G. Piper Music Director of The Phoenix Symphony. K-Bach's Sterling Beeaff catches up with the Maestro about his new role.
- 30 years old
- Born in Queens, New York City
- Most recently was the Music Director of the Opéra national de Lorraine and Orchestre Symphonique et Lyrique de Nancy in Nancy, France
- Has been on the conducting staffs of both the Cleveland Symphony and the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
- Among his mentors are David Zinman, Robert Spano, Leonard Slatkin and David Robertson.
- Appeared with the Phoenix Symphony twice these past two seasons leading the orchestra in Shostakovich, Schumann, Barber and Stravinsky.